2. No amount of private study or tuition can substitute for active attention and participation in the class.
3. Moderation in food, games and other pleasures is beneficial to studies as well as health.
4. Note down the work assigned for the next day.
5. Never omit a lesson or any assignment.
6. Revise the work done in class daily.
7. Set aside a fixed time for study at home.
8. Remember that asking questions is the key to learning. Never hesitate to ask questions about the subject-matter, both inside and outside the class.
9. While studying, imagine that you will have to explain the lesson to another student.
10. Take notes as you read.
Pray to God, the source of your talents, for grace to discover and develop them
Practice work Policy
We believe that revising at home is an important part of the daily schedule. We hope that revising time for primary school students, or their parents, is not a stressful time, but rather a time when students can:– Review and practise what they have learnt
– Investigate questions more fully than the time allows in the classroom
– Gather additional material or develop work related to a project or report
– Demonstrate independent learning and responsibility.
Additionally, homework may be assigned if a student fails to complete class assignments in an appropriate time scale.
Parents/guardians can assist students by creating a home environment that is conducive to getting practice work done. Parents can also help children with their work by:– Setting a regular time for revision
– Choosing a quiet place away from distractions
– -Monitoring assignments
– Providing guidance
If you feel this is not happening on a regular basis, please communicate these difficulties to the classroom teacher.
In addition to the revision work, we encourage parents to read to and with their children as much as possible. Reading should form a natural part of the daily routine and the emphasis should be on the shared enjoyment of reading. Such an approach improves fluency, vocabulary and confidence. Your child’s teacher can provide you with suggestions for reading and reading material. Our aim is to develop a love of reading in all students and parent modelling and involvement is imperative to achieving this goal.