Transfer Certificate Guidelines
Transfer Certificate Guidelines (for UAE)
In order for us to comply with the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) regulations, and to register your child with ADEK, it is imperative that we receive a Transfer Certificate from your child’s previous school when joining after May. Students joining KG 1, KG 2, or Grade 1 at the start of the Academic year (April) do not require a Transfer Certificate.
- This Transfer Certificate must be on official school letterhead.
- The form needs to be completed on the pupil’s last day of attendance.
- This form must be signed by the Principal and show an official school stamp.
- The original certificate must be presented on the first day of school.
The Transfer Certificate validity is only for one month. Hence, the child should be enrolled in school within a month of the date of issue of the Transfer Certificate.
- Full Name of Child
- Date of Birth
- Commencement Date at School
- Grade/Class on Leaving
- Leaving Date at School
- Curriculum Used
Children coming from other countries should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from the country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from the country of TC origin)
Children coming from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman must have their original certificates attested only by the Ministry of Education (from the country of TC origin).
Please note, that the corresponding year group is of vital importance and the Ministry of Education may refuse the child entry if the year group does not correspond with that of the new school.
Students joining from September must also submit a Grade statement for the First Term, from their previous school.